February 15th – 21st is National Chip Week in the UK, celebrating one of the nation’s favourite foods.
Here at CityVibe@5 we’ve found out a few facts to uncover a little more about the UK’s long-term love affair with chips:
• 1 in 4 of all British Potatoes consumed in Britain are eaten as chips
• Chips are eaten in 80 per cent of all UK households
• There are around 8,500 fish and chip shops in the UK
• Over half a billion meals containing homemade chips are eaten each year
• Over 277 million portions of chips are sold in UK fish and chip shops per year