Today is national oatmeal cookie day and to celebrate, CityVibe@5 reporter Jackson Jones had a go at baking some of his very own oatmeal cookies.
Here’s how he got on:
All you need is: 50g butter, 125g caster sugar, 1 egg beaten, 50g plain flour, half a teaspoon of salt and baking powder, 175g porridge oats and 125g raisins.
HOW TO MAKE OATMEAL COOKIES
1. Grease 2 baking trays
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add the beaten egg gradually and beat into the creamed mixture. Mix well.
4. Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into the creamed mixture. Mix well.
5. Add the porridge oats, raisins and sesame seeds and mix well.
6. Place spoonfuls of the mixture well apart on the prepared baking trays and flatten them slightly.
7. Bake in a preheated oven, 180’C/350’F/Gas Mark 4, for 15 minutes.
8. Leave to cool and eat!