Morecambe 1 – 2 Imps

Lincoln City came from behind at Morecambe to claim their first league win under new manager, Steve Tilson.

Second half strikes from Moses Swaibu and loan-signing Ashley Grimes sealed the Imps’ second win in a row. This is the first time they have recorded back-to-back wins this season.

However, the game didn’t start so brightly for City as they went behind to a Phil Jevons goal after just six minutes of play.

A corner from Morecambe’s Jim Bentley led to a goal-mouth scramble that the City defenders couldn’t defend as it fell for Jevons to poke in from a few feet out.

The goal seemed to wake up a City team that looked like it was missing the presence of midfielder Clark Keltie. His absence was due to being send of in last weekend’s F.A Cup victory over Nuneaton Town.

Ben Hutchinson provided a neat back-heel to put Luke Howell through on goal. However, Lincoln could not level the scores after Howell’s shot was cleared off the line by Morecambe defender, Will Haining.

Both teams had more chances before the break – Most notably, fast-paced winger, Albert Jarrett searched for the equaliser as the Shrimps’ McCready blocked to ensure that the home side went in at half-time sitting on a 1-0 lead.

Both teams came out unchanged for the second half as the Imps continued attacking the Morecambe goal.

On 52 minutes, an Albert Jarrett corner that was played short to Ashley Grimes was crossed into the area. Grimes picked Moses Swaibu out for the defender to nod past Roche. This was Swaibu’s second goal of the season and the Imps were then level.

High-profile signing, Gavin Hoyte proved exactly why the fans have been hyping up his capture on the forums. The full-back curled a ball in for Ashley Grimes to fire past Roche in the Morecambe goal.

Two goals in five minutes had turned the game’s head. The visitors now held the lead with the score at 2-1.

Lincoln were forced to defend a few attacks as the hosts looked to restore their lead. The City backline proved solid – something that could not have been said about Lincoln very often this season.

Morecambe attempted to pull the game from beneath the resurgent City’s feet. However, despite their best efforts, Steve Tilson’s side were able to hold on until the final whistle.

The win moves Lincoln from second-bottom in the League Two table to 21st. They will now hope to make it three-wins in a row in all competitions when they face Hereford at Sincil Bank next weekend.