It’s not quite December yet, but already the winter weather is causing disruptions across Lincolnshire.
Lincolnshire Police said they dealt with more than 30 snow-related incidents on the roads yesterday. The majority were minor; but one driver was tragically killed in Billnghay when his car ended up in a ditch. Police are appealing for any witnesses.
Lincolnshire County Council has set up a non-emergency winter helpline for anyone seeking weather-related assistance. The number is 01522 782189 and will be available 24 hours of the day.
People braving the freezing weather are warned to take extra care because of the hazardous conditions, especially for drivers. Many roads into the county have been affected and are causing delays.
Traffic updates are listed below:
- A15 (both ways). Hazardous driving conditions on Lindum Hill. Snow between B1308 Clasketgate and langworthgate.
- A15 Ingham (both ways). A15 closed and delays in both directions between the Heath Lane junction in Ingham and the Owmby Cliff Road junction in Caenby Corner, because of a serious accident.
- A15 North Street Bourne. Hazardous driving conditions on A15 North Street in both directions between the A151 Abbey Road junction in Bourne and the Station Street junction in Rippingale, because of ice and snow.
- A157 closed, slow traffic and hazardous driving conditions in both directions between the B1225 High Street junction in Burgh on Bain and the A631 junction in Hallington.
- A15 (Southbound) at B1131. London Road blocked due to lorry stuck in snow, approach with care.
- A17 (both ways) at A16. Hazardous driving conditions on A17 in both directions in Sutterton Dowdyke at the A16 junction, because of ice and snow.
- A153 near Louth. Last night police worked with a local farmer to rescue around 60 vechiles stranded on the road.
- A158 between A153 South Street and A16. Hazardous driving conditions on A158 Spilsby Road / Partney Road in both directions between the A153 South Street junction in Horncastle and the A16 junction in Partney, because of snow.
- A1121 between B1192 and A52. Hazardous driving conditions on A1121 Boardsides in both directions in Hubbert’s Bridge between the B1192 Langrick Road junction and the A52 Sleaford Road junction, because of ice and snow.
A selection of photos taken by our news team today: