A local Lincoln organisation will be holding a collection in aid of Syrian refugees.
The event will be held by Compassionate Lincoln, a grass roots organisation set up to promote community-led responses to social challenges and issues. The collection day will be held at Bishop Grosseteste University car park on Saturday 12th May between 8:30 and 3:30pm.
All donations from the event will be going to the charity Samara’s Aid Appeal, a charity who work with local people in Syria to deliver clothing and aid to the most vulnerable people in the region.
On a day that has seen such an outpouring of love, compassion and hope, we are proud to launch our Charter for Compassion. A beautiful coincidence but absolutely echoing the commitment of so many to…
Compassionate Lincoln have posted a list of required items onto their Facebook page which includes:
- ALL SEASON CLOTHES, (adult, child & baby) in immaculate condition
- NEW UNDERWEAR (no used), with tags or in packaging
- SHOES & BOOTS (polished) in immaculate condition
- Blankets, sleeping bags, sheets & towels in immaculate condition
- Duvets (only if like new with no marks or stains)
- Moses baskets and baby bedding
- Disposable nappies, sanitary towels & incontinence pads
- Soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes (unopened)
According to the organisation, Samara’s Aid need £6,500 plus extra costs to send each lorry container of goods, so are asking for a small donation from everyone who contributes.
Above: Bishop Grosseteste University where the event will be held.