‘Where red for heart day’ is on the 26th February. It’s a day where everyone is encouraged to wear red and raise money for the BHF. These are just some of the organisations that are encouraging you’re to come down and help raise money on the 26th February.
• Yarborough Leisure Centre is holding a day of events on the 26th February.
• Pauline Mountain in Timberland is turning her village red.
• The Soap centre at Lincoln University is holding a cyclathon.
Here’s a list of things that the money you raise could buy…
• £10 could provide 25 callers with a heart information booklet.
• £124 could fund the cost of a little Anne, a realistic adult mannequin used for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training.
• £500 could help to fund a cardiac nurse working on the BHF Heart Helpline for a full week.
• £1,500 could fund a defibrillator, a machine that can restart the health by giving an electric shock in some cases of cardiac arrest.
To find out how your can help the British Heart Foundation by fundraising, visit www.bhf.org.ukfor more information.